Specifics of Writing a Pharmacology Paper
As a refresher, pharmacology is the branch of biology concerned with the study of drug action, where a drug can be broadly defined as any human-made, natural, or endogenous (from within the body) molecule which exerts a biochemical or physiological effect on a cell, tissue, organ, or organism (sometimes the word pharmacon is used as a term to encompass these endogenous and exogenous bioactive species). More specifically, it is the study of the interactions that occur between a living organism and chemicals that affect normal or abnormal biochemical function. If substances have medicinal properties, they are considered pharmaceuticals.
Writing a pharmacology essay definitely takes a robust sense of science and chemicals. That being said, if you are unaware of pharmacology and need to write an essay on it, you might have to delve into the research process heavily in order to write competently about this complex subject. This will especially be pertinent to pharmacology research papers, which require you to study the subject enough to at least to be an expert in one area of pharmacology. It will also require you to organize your essay in a specified mode, where certain sections must be included according to your teacher’s instructions.
Pharmacology essay writing relies strongly on brainstorming, researching, and outlining. There is much preparatory work to be done before you can start writing your first draft. With brainstorming, the most common exercise is completing a bubble map, where the center bubble is the main idea you want to write about, and then you attach bubbles to it, which are ideas that stem from this main bubble. You can complete it with simply a pen and paper.
The research process can be arduous. After choosing what you want to write about within your main idea, take at least a week to study and investigate these subtopics. Keep a log of what sources you looked at, and what passages from them that you want to use in your future essay. Keeping a research diary is helpful and sometimes required in this field.
For outlining, choosing to write a more detailed outline is appropriate, as you will have to delineate technical information in precise terms within your essay. This outline will map out your introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion, with a point-to-point description of what you will include in the essay.
Pharmacology Paper Topics
Different Types of Drugs
- Tacrolimus: Does direct glucuronidation matter?
- Antihypertensive drugs
- Terfenadine combined with epirubicin impedes the chemo-resistant human non-small cell lung cancer both in vitro and in vivo through EMT and Notch reversal
- Drug repurposing in cancer
- Potential anti-cancer activity of 7-O-pentyl quercetin: efficient, membrane-targeted kinase inhibition and pro-oxidant effect
- Effects of tibolone on fibrinogen and antithrombin III
- Labdane diterpenoids as potential anti-inflammatory agents
- Taltirelin alleviates fatigue-like behavior in mouse models of cancer-related fatigue
- Alisporivir rescues defective mitochondrial respiration in Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Arenobufagin inhibits prostate cancer epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis by down-regulating β-catenin
- Can causality assessment fulfill the new European definition of adverse drug reaction?
- Non-invasive strategies for stimulating endogenous repair and regenerative mechanisms in the damaged heart
- Toxicogenomic and bioinformatics platforms to identify key molecular mechanisms of a curcumin-analogue DM-1 toxicity in melanoma cells
- The emerging role of AMP-activated protein kinase in cholestatic liver diseases
- Anti-inflammatory activity of natural stilbenoids
Get a Pharmacology Essay Written
Though most educational websites take a passive approach to teaching, Proessaywritings.com seeks a more active way to instruct students: by providing writing models of what students’ assignments will be like, and presenting countless articles that go through the writing process step by step. The models we write are based upon requests from students who are doubtful in their own writing ability, and who feel unsure of the presentation of the assigned essay, the organization, and more. The students want to view a model to emulate. Though there are an infinite amount of models online, they are not written to one’s requirements. To feel comfortable about writing your own paper, you can order a model that demonstrates exactly what you need to get done. We do not condone copying this essay, but we do recommend using it as the best example of what you need to do. If you want to cite sources or passages from the essay, feel free to do so.
Also, we have tons of articles you can learn from. These articles focus on how to write certain assignments well. With the combination of our essay samples and our instructional articles, your grades will skyrocket!
- This paragraph is from the Wikipedia page on pharmacology, with edits. It is under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.